Search This Blog

May 15, 2017

Winnie the Chew



Krawka: Winnie the Chew crochet pattern - Winnie the Pooh and Chewbacca mashed up in one character!
Have you ever wondered what would happen if you would mash up two best things ever - Star wars and Winnie the Pooh, if you would ask me that question few weeks ago I would say It's impossible, but than I started to wonder... Robin - Han Solo, Winnie the Pooh - Chewbacca and who would be Eeyore... my favorite AT-AT of course. It all led to a 'missing AT-eeyore tail photo session' that you can see above.

Krawka: Winnie the Chew crochet pattern - Winnie the Pooh and Chewbacca mashed up in one character!
Finished bear when standing is 33 cm (13 inches)tall. He can sit or stand because of the doll joints I placed in his legs. Other materials you might want to have before starting on this project: D hook (3,5 mm), 10 mm safety eyes, small gray button -for his bag that is fully functional - you can place your small treasures in there, like honey or ammunition :)
For my fur yarn I used 51 % acrylic, 49 % wool yarn that measures 262 yards (240 meters) for 100 g, Gauge 17.5 to 22 st is 4 inches (10 cm) than I used the dog brush to make it more furry.
for all the additional elements I used 55% cotton yarn which measures 174 yards (159 meters) for 50 g, weight Sport / 5 ply (12 wpi), Gauge 24 to 30 st is 4 inches (10 cm)

For the Winnie the Chew pattern visit my shop:

But for all those AT-AT lovers (AT-eeyore from now on) I have a small free tail pattern that you can download here:

Might the Pooh be with you!
Krawka: Winnie the Chew crochet pattern - Winnie the Pooh and Chewbacca mashed up in one character!